Thursday, November 10, 2005

I noticed my IPCop machine had a couple of updates available.

I installed the first one, 1.4.9 I think it was, and then I tried to install .10.

Somehow the .9 update had broken everything, I couldn't access the web interface, and I couldn't even ssh to the machine.

It was still routing though, so that was ok, but I didn't know how long it would last. I logged in locally, and rebooted the machine.

Installed the second update, and rebooted again.

After that, I tested the status screen, and found that it wouldn't display. When I turned on the debugging output, I found that it was caused by that samba package I tried to install a while ago, which had incorrectly edited the status page code, so I fixed that up.

0 Comments:

Post a comment

<< Home